Second Year Milestones
The August '08 Milestones MovieEach month we bring to you a small snippet of my life in movie format. Some of the movies are just too cute for Mama to delete, especially when it's been a month with lots of milestones, like August 2008....
Play the movie
These Boots Were Made For Walking (or wobbling)!Finally, the moment my Mama has been waiting for so that she can finally get me some shoes!!!! I took my first steps on Saturday, 2nd August 2008 in the Games Room of the Crowne Plaza Pelican Waters. Nanna witnessed my first step, closely followed by Mama, Dada & Jack who saw me take a couple of steps minutes later.
Babble Babble...My Dada has been known to talk people to sleep (mainly Mama). My Mama can talk the leg off a chair (she must get that from Nanna). Jackie can talk under wet cement (or so my Mama & Dada say). So, it's not surprising that I like to babble, shout, roar, chat and laugh as much as possible throughout the day.
I've got quite a good vocabulary developing. A lot of it sounds very similar, but I use the sounds consistently each time in different circumstances, so it won't be long until they develop into more distinguished words.
At fourteen & a half months, my daily natterings go something like this:-
"Dah, Dah" - Jack, Jack
"Dah" - What's that
"Op, Op" - Up, Up
"Myum, myum" - Food, give me food!
"Myum, myum" - Mmmmm, this is really good food!
"Myum, myum" - Milk please!
"Bah" - Bath
"Bar bar" - Usually a request for "Baa Baa Black Sheep"
"Da, Da" - Dada
"Mum, Mum" - Mama
"Ed Ed" - Teddy
StairMaster 2007After watching me try to attempt to climb up a set of stairs at a playground, Mama brought me home to try it out. I first climbed out stairs on Thursday, 19th June 2008 and found it incredibly easy - now I love climbing up them (though no one is game to let me try going down yet!!!). It's a lot easier to bring the groceries upstairs now and it gets me a little bit more tired too, so everyone's happy!
And then there were (more!)... Teeth!!!After taking quite a while to finally get some teeth, I've continued to get them in a slow and steady pace. They really are ancillary - I could chomp through meat without them just fine (though they do make biting people's fingers more interesting!).
My teeth so far:-
* Top right lateral incisor - 7th March 2008
* Top left lateral incisor - 24th March 2008
* Bottom right central incisor - 13th April 2008
* Top left central incisor - 14th April 2008
* Top right central incisor - 15th April 2008
* Bottom left central incisor - 25th April 2008
* Bottom left lateral incisor - 1st June 2008
* Bottom right lateral incisor - 10th July 2008
* Top left first molar - 4th September 2008
* Top right first molar - 6th September 2008
* Bottom left first molar - 23rd September 2008
* Bottom right first molar - 25th September 2008
* Top right cuspid - 9th October 2008
* Top left cuspid - 14th October 2008
* Bottom left cuspid - 24th October 2008
* Bottom right cuspid - 5th November 2008
While I continue to cruise all over the place and still require a wall or some furniture (or someone's legs!) to assist in actually standing up, I'm starting to perfect my ability to stand alone without holding on to anything.
I first held the pose for a couple of seconds in mid-May 2008, and the duration has been getting longer and longer since. On the 20th September 2008 I perfected my ability to stand up unaided, which pretty much meant that crawling became a thing of the past!